- Acquire admin password for PC that is being added to the domain.
- Go to a PC that has LAPS UI installed.
- Run LAPS UI as an administrator.
- Enter the PC name that is being added to the domain and click "Search".
- The password will appear in the "Password" box.
- Log on to the PC being added to the domain with admin privelages.
- Login with the username "simtech"
- Use the password acquired from LAPS.
- Add the PC to the domain.
- Press the windows key or click the start menu and type "This PC".
- Right click on "This PC" and select Properties.
- Select Advanced system settings on the right side under Related settings.
- Select the Computer Name tab and click the "Change..." button.
- Select the Domain option in the "Member of" box and enter RAMS.adp.vcu.edu.
- Select OK and Apply on the properties boxes and the computer has now been added to the RAMS domain.
Adding a PC to the Rams Domain - Knowledgebase / Simulation / Technical Materials / PC Support - SOMTech (Technology Services) - VCU School of Medicine
Adding a PC to the Rams Domain
- Last updated: Aug 11, 2022 by Hayden Snead